Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Whitsundays Paddle


Okay! Cannot tahan any more. Delayed this post long enough! Sorry. Just too many disruptions since I came back and now getting started with school, training and yup blogging. The guys wanted to make a tshirt for the trip. This was the first day in Airlie beach, Queensland before the paddle started.


We got most of our rations for the next 16 days packed and ready to go. Some still got extra time to dance around their food. Oh ya. I spent about 280 AUD on a single receipt from the supermarket. Cheap man!


I was so keen on fishing on that trip. I even put a metal fishing swivel close to me just in case I needed it.


Yup. The day we did our packing and start from the slip way. Hmm...seems so familiar.


Needed some motivation or some form of identity for my boat. Michelangelo was it...he decided to swim away half way through our journey.


Finally! The start of a long journey...


I never really had a whole loaf of bread to myself on the trip. Had to 'share' it with the rats, seagulls and possums. Then sun the rest so that they will last longer. Poor thing man...


This was taken during the third day where we had a short paddle and got to our campsite early. The low tide stretches half a kilometer out to the sea and carrying a 100 kg kayak that distance is no joke. As a result, we just had to do multiple trips to off load our gear to our campsite.


The tide got so high that the water line was barely a meter away from the entrance of my tent. You get visits from the stingrays and sharks right at your door step!


Just a shot with the beautiful paddling conditions...this was only day four into the journey. Be patient. Got more to come. Headache sorting out thousand over photos...twelve days to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hellos Mr Daniel!! U've got a new visitor!!! *wow* I have only read abt Whitsundays, now i have pictures! the one with the various stingrays is pretty cool. And u loast michaelangelo out at sea? Tat's an antique man!

Waiting to see the next 12 days of ur paddle trip!
Cheers,
Linnet