Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Round ONE! Grampians...Climb!

I am Back! After the guys at my place screwed up the internet connection, I didn't have any access for a couple of weeks. Now also still don't have! Using my pastor's wireless while he is away on mission trip for a month is the best I can get for now. So this is whats happening....


I took a drive down to the Grampians planning to do some climbing during my mid semester break. The drive wasn't too bad...made a couple of stops along the way and taking pictures of the country. The canola fields looks nice during this time of the year before they harvest them.


Taking the small roads also got jam over here! but of a different sort. Here farmers moving their sheeps from one farm to another...


...with the help of their sheep dogs of course. Check it out! The latest spring collection road safety apparels for dogs at work!


The town of Stawell, just before the Gramps. Stock up some food here for the next few days of climbing. The Grampians in the background and beetle juice on my screen.


Met my classmates Emma, Liam and Tim there after their field trip which I will be doing the following week.


First class comfort for the nights! This is one of the reasons why I got a station wagon. Was too lazy to pitch my tent during this trip anyway.


Unhealthy Aussie breakfast before our climb.


This is traditional natural climbing...needing to set your own protection along the way. No bolts on routes unless its a more difficult one like grade 20 plus onwards (Australian). Quite time consuming setting up natural anchors at the top and need a lot more gear also.


My turn to have a go at it! Didn't climb as much as we would like to as the weather came in on us...there goes my chance of multi-pitching again! So we went back to Bendigo after two days. sians...

No comments: