Saturday, December 8, 2007

Queensland And The Three Amigos

Okay. This will be the longest post yet. Trying to squeeze everything into one...so bare with me. Tired of doing this four days in a row. Don't know how you guys can do this everyday!



Went to help Paul and Janet pack up their place when in Sydney for that few hours in town. Took the time to snap a few close shots of the ABC. Haha...one more for me to bully!


The city of Brisbane...no day light savings here so its back to two hours ahead. Landed here on a early Friday morning.


Gene came and pick me up with this rented 3 liter Jeep and we drove up north to Melvin's place at Maroochydore. This is where Mel and the rest of the SFC cadets play their aeroplane games or get to fly the Lear jet when they are good enough.


Ya...we were such great fans of Steve Erwin that we came here twice within the day but never even step inside. The first time we had KFC outside. Then the second time was to go back to pick my phone at the counter which I forgot about. We didn't go in cos it cost us 45 AUD each to find his grave and look at some crocs. Thats a ripper mate!


It took us some time to figure how to take the roof off the jeep. Imagine three guys along the roadside trying to do that but we were all happy at the end with all the attention we got driving around topless!


The Ettamogah Pub, another tourist place. Said to be one of the oldest around. Too bad none of us were interested in drinking that day.


Taking an evening stroll along Sunshine Coast...


We summited Mt Tinbeerwah with no hiking boots or shoes but only in slippers!


Great view from the top. Makes me wonder why shouldn't my course be based in Queensland?


Our naked dinner... so good enough for Cleo's 50 eligible bachelors?


We left Mel's place cos he needs to study. Ended at Gene's cousin's place in Brisbane for lunch. They had an early Christmas lunch before Gene returns back to Singapore. I must say it was a pretty nice high cholesterol meal.


They say that if you see a pair of shoes hanging over the power lines, you most probably find someone selling drugs in that area. I have seen a few in most of the cities here. Finally manage to take a photo of one.


So this is the famous Gold Coast main beach. The place to see and be seen. Some call this place Gold Vagas because it just too touristy.


...but its nice from far.


I think I flew so much this year that I should apply for frequent flyer programme. So after two odd weeks of travelling, its time to return to the country town of Bendigo. I felt so tired by the time I reached back. Must have been all the five months worth catching up with khakis within two weeks. Such a sudden change but I feel so blessed by such good company. Thanks guys!

1 comment:

gLeNiSe said...

What happened to ur hair?? spend all ur $$$ in travelling...no $$ to cut hair ah....